Think of all the new value we’re creating by diverting food scraps from landfill and making a rich soil amendment! As more and more restaurants and households divert food scraps for composting, we’ll need more buyers and sellers of compost who take full advantage of this valuable product.
The Market Development committee is focused on discovering and publicizing key applications for food scrap amended compost, from landscape design to large-scale agriculture. We are also raising awareness among potential buyers of compost and organizing opportunities for companies and individuals to purchase food scrap amended compost made right here in Illinois. We are working with farmers markets, environmental education groups, and plant sales to have food scrap amended compost for sale!
- Market Development Survey: ifscsurvey.blogspot.com
- Local Food Scrap Amended compost sales: scarceecoed.org
- Mike DiMucci, Garden Prairie Organics
- David Gorter, DK Organics
- Heather Goudreau, SCARCE
- Lynn Herlien, Compost Supply
- Andy Klink, Midwest Organics Recycling
- Benjamin Krumstok, Composting Partners
- John Lardner, JPL Environmental Engineering
- Nick Lucas, Advocates for Urban Agriculture
- Kay McKeen, SCARCE
- Thomas Minioras, Collective Resource
- Charles Murphy, Midwest Compost, LLC
- Vytas Pabedinskas, North Shore Country Club, Glenview
- Sara Ryan, St. Louis Composting
- Shien-ru Tsao, Commit to Green
- Walter Willis, SWALCO
Bold denotes the chairs of the committee.